Monday, January 12, 2009

The House of the ....oh... never mind.

There are times when I have nothing to do (like from 2:28pm to 2:32pm last Thursday) when I ponder various oddities of the household.

For example: Why am I the only one who seems to know where things get put away?

ME: Why is that bowl on the counter?
ONE OF THE GUILTY: Cause I don't know where it goes.

ME: Why didn't you put that blanket away?
OOTG: I don't know where you keep it!

ME: How come the soup mixes are behind the baby food?
OOTG: Because I didn't know where to put it.

...you get the idea.

So my question is: Does no one else live here???
Am I the ONLY one that gets items out of the pantry? (The mysterious, yet continuous, disappearance of chips and snacks would say "no".)
Does no one else ever open a cabinet to search for a glass or pan? (Again, the precarious pile of plates and pans would suggest someone with a particular skill at Jenga is in there frequently.)

These are the issues that mom-kind ponders.
I am sure there is some taxpayer-funded study going on somewhere to explain this phenomenon. Perhaps in the same departments as the Scientists researching the reactions of cell-phone transmissions when in contact with ant-poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment