Thursday, February 12, 2009

IPODs are Not Essential For Life (unless we are talking about mine, that is)

MEMO

DATE: FEBRUARY 12, 2009
TO: JASON & SARAH
FROM: THE MAD STEPMOTHER
*********************************

Please be advised that, despite information from friends to the contrary, IPODS and their accompanying earbuds do not provide energy, nourishment, or the increased ability to obliterate colorful cartoon creatures who breathe acidic fire.

Therefore, it is important to note that you will not fall into an instantaneous coma if the earbuds are removed, or the IPOD is (gasp) turned OFF.

It is especially essential to consider this when you are being spoken to by another member of your family. Additionally, if the author of this Memo (aka Mad Stepmother) has to again repeat herself a 4th time because the 8th Chapter of Harry Potter is more important that whatever trivial thing she might be mouthing, you will then become witness to her head popping off.
In case you are wondering: this is not a good thing.
Such an event would no doubt render your IPODs unusable, as it is often hard to turn them on after they have accidentally been through the garbage disposal.

Thank you for your consideration to this matter.
I know I can count on your kind cooperation.

6 comments:

  1. This was so choice...thank you for it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... great post! I used to yell for my son to let the dogs out or empty the dishwasher, but he never hears me anymore since he's got the videogame headset on. So I text message him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! I don't have teens but I do have a 6 year old so I already feel this way sometimes! I can't imagine her at 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much only use mine when at the gym or on a road trip when I don't want to listen to my husband's sports radio station. But let me tell you, I CANNOT work out at my gym (which doesn't play any music) without it. I have actually left it at home accidentally, and realized after I got to the gym, and just decided to go home instead!!!

    ReplyDelete